Tuesday, October 04, 2005

His Steward

In the quieter times of the day the Lord seems to be impressing upon me the importance of living a life of righteousness. I believe this began after deciding not to start a small business.

Two years ago, being frustrated with working in the high-tech corporate world I set out to open a coffee shop. I thought it would allow me to practice righteousness in the business world and allow my wife and I to work on something together. I studied the product, I learned about business, I looked at scripture regarding work, business, and money. I confess in my heart I was also thinking, "I'll show them...".

Now recently, what the Lord is telling me is that I need not own and operate a business to "show off" to the business world about how to run a business by God's principles. Rather I have been made a steward of many things which needs my attention in humbly doing His will.

  • I'm a receiver of Faith and have a responsibility to it.
  • I'm a husband in a marriage partnership with my wife.
  • I'm a member of a small local church.
  • My wife and I are partners in a household.
  • I have various skills and should share them with the world around me.
  • I'm an employee. Well, sometimes I'm unemployed but when I am employed I have a responsibility to be a righteous steward of what the Lord has provided, and I should work for my employer as if I'm working for the Lord.
  • In general I have assets and liabilities. I should listen to the Lord for what He desires to do with these.
  • And not the least, I have a life through which I sojourn and I should take every opportunity to do His will.
I'm sure He's telling me I can apply my desire and energy to run a business to the many other things in my life. We can all look for practical ways to glorify our Lord by righteously tending to our stewardships, to live according to God's Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home