Friday, June 16, 2006

Worship Noise

I enjoy reading another blog titled Three17 updated by a pastor in Ireland. And in his most recent post he realized he was addicted to noise after reading a Seattle Time article. You can read his post here.

Someone else commented on his post to further assert that church services in America are generally noisy. He objects to electricity in worship but more generally he objects to a loud and noisy worship service. Here's a quote from it.
What is it in American evangelical churches that compels so many to combine most of the worst elements of pop culture with worship? How is it that the great myth of "a little is great, a lot must be greater" became the dominant paradigm in Christian ministries? How is it that people can worship worship, and yet fail to worship God? How is it that silence has become so dead to so many Christians, and electrified noise the very essence of God's voice?
You can read the entire blogpost here titled, "When God is Lost In The Sound".

I cannot judge another man's heart, but for myself I rarely worship with a lot of noise going on. From what I understand what true worship is, for me it's usually when I'm in a deeper meditation of God's Word in front of me.

Lord, help me to see what is good, right, and true in this matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home