Saturday, February 02, 2008

LOST and Found

After watching the season finale of LOST (read, humbly admitting to watch not such an edifying TV show) I thought, "I don't think I want to watch this anymore. It just makes me angry with annoying people." Don't you think Ben is annoying. And I mentioned this to my wife, Anita. We both agreed: No more LOST.

However, I find myself going out of our way to record and then watch LOST, the season premier. Ben is still annoying. Anita said, "instead of just tying him up why don't they stuff a rag in his mouth so they don't have to listen to him."

Yet, the show has small facets that redeem it. In the premier it dawned on me that the character, Charlie, knowingly and willingly gave his life to save his friends. This sort of sounds like another man we know from 2000 years ago.

Charles Spurgeon in today's devotional had this, regarding the infiniteness of Jesus:
The covenant is always described as being everlasting, and Jesus, the second party in it, is from eternity. He struck hands in sacred covenant long before the first stars began to shine, and it was in Him that the elect were ordained unto eternal life. In this way a most blessed covenant union was established between the Son of God and His elect people, which will remain as the foundation of their safety when time shall be no more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home