Saturday, July 15, 2006

Powerful Ministry

I enjoy the TruthForLife newletters I get from Alistair Begg. He's always given me encouragement to press on with my life in Christ. In the July news letter he expressed the importance of the fullfillment of the Great Commission. And he says, "I am reminded of the hymn which exhorts us: 'Rescue the perishing, care for the dying, tell them of Jesus, mighty to save!'" He also included, "Let me encourage you to make and take every opportunity to kindly, sensitively, and strightforwardly share the Good News with those you meet. God helping me, I will endeavor to do the same. "

But I confess my heart has not been too humble lately. One of my weaknesses is that I'm quick to judge. (maybe because I'm reading Judges). However, I've been kindly reminded that I should maintain gentleness and self-control as it says in Galatians 5:22,23. And this carries over in my life at home, church, and work. So by the Spirit's enabling power I shall do so.

One more disjuncted thing to note. My sister forwared me an email where youngsters were asked what they thought love meant. They have the most clever ideas that we adults should take note.

Probably my favorite is this:
Billy, age 4, said: "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."


And then at the end of several other examples it had this, which I must include here.

'The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry"'


What a powerful way to minister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home