Monday, August 21, 2006

Church Prayers

One of my joys at the church I attend is to pray. From 10:30 to 11:00, before the service starts a small group of us pray for our church, our community, specific needs, etc.

I'd like to share many which the Lord leads me to pray, sometimes each and every Sunday. Also, here are some prayers which have come to mind as I write this.

- Enable husbands to love their wifes with an extraordinary love.

I used to pray for the problems with our church thinking I had some sort of a plan and ask the Lord to carry out my plan. But now I just pray, "Lord please take this broken church and fix it!"

- Please anoint and enable the Pastor with your Word and message, and give us hearts to hear.

-Forgive us when our fellowship with each other is short, too brief, and not encouraging.

-Watch over our ways as we seek your righteousness.

-Please give the leaders wisdom and power to humbly serve, wisdom through your Word. Impart wisdom to lead our fellowship.

-Preside over and guide our service today. Enable the ushers to greet cheerfully, and to do their tasks so that it doesn't distract from our worship of you.

-As we sing may our hearts truely bow and worship You.

-Lord give us opportunity to reach out to our community to show them Christ.

-Bless the children's ministry. Please teach our children and give them an impression of You that they can take with them this week, and indeed the rest of their lives.

-Bless the teachers as they teach and may it give them true joy as they serve in this way.

-Give fathers and mothers wisdom to raise their children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home