Thursday, August 03, 2006

Intentions for reading the Bible

What are your intentions for reading the Holy Scriptures?

I must confess lately, because of some controversies that are present, that I've been reading the Book with in mind to support my point of view. I've been reading with 2 Timothy 3:16 in mind but my heart has been on the defensive. Clearly this is not what the Lord has intended and this is brought to my attention from the following segment of a TFL / Spurgeon devotional for today.

Do not be lazy in asking, since He is so generous in giving. Pay careful attention to His Word now and at all times, so that Jesus may speak through it to your heart. Pitch your tent wherever He is so that you can obtain His blessing. When He is present to heal, may He not heal you? Be certain that He is present even now, for He always comes to hearts that need Him.


Again, the Lord is calling me to know Him, not just know of Him. Oh Lord, how my heart needs you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home