Friday, September 15, 2006

He Is Strong

I've been incredibly inspired to know that it is not me who does God's work, but God through me. God has a purpose, and I can either be a part of it or despise it.

Often times I hear people say that God uses our talents . The Lord, indeed, honors those who glorify Him with their gifts. But what about those of us that are not so talented? This is what Paul said. "But he [the Lord] said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9,10).

If you ever think yourself as weak and feeble, be sure to know that the Lord can use you in a mighty way, because it is not about our abilities or talents but rather about His power and might through the Holy Spirit. The following link is to a testimony by my old high-school classmate, Jeff Kuntz, who was disabled in a work accident 7 years ago. I recently met with him at our 20-year high school reunion. You cannot be around him without being inspired by his joy in the Lord. You'll hear how he glorifies God despite his disability. Please, if you have the time, listen to his story. Jeff's Testimony.

Jeff and Lisa Kuntz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home