Thursday, November 02, 2006

Abide With Jesus

From my study of Galatians I see how important it is to seek a life in the Spirit. (See Galatians 5:16-25). Lately I've been humbly praying that the Spirit to abide with me throughout the day. Don't you just sense sometimes that you cannot get through the day without God's help?

But perhaps my prayers have not been so humble. Sometimes they are outright cries for help! I suppose if I am just looking for a working of the Holy Spirit upon my request then my prayer is nothing more than an incantation. And merely looking for a miraculous sign is for the wicked.

So what can we do? I suppose we can do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him. We should just abide with Him and have faith that He is with us. And perhaps we'll happen to see a real experience of our Lord in our lives.

The Spurgeon devotional for October 25th is a fantastic read regarding this. It starts out:
"She happened to come. Yes, it seemed nothing but an accident, but it was divinely ruled over! Ruth had gone out with her mother-in-law's blessing, under the care of her mother-in-law's God, to humble but honorable work, and the providence of God was guiding her every step. Little did she know that among the sheaves she would find a husband, that he would make her the joint owner of all those broad acres, and that she, a poor foreigner, would become one of the ancestors of the great Messiah." Read more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home